Monday, November 10, 2014

Etiquette and Expectations

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN LEARNING!

BEFORE CLASS BEGINS
  • Go to the loo
  • Get your refreshments
  • Get your English books
  • Clean the board
  • Turn on the computer
  • Clear your desks
  • Put away your cell phone
GREETING

RESPECT
  • - the speaker
  • - each other’s property
  • - each other’s person
  • - the classroom
English is the official language of the English lesson!

GRADES:  Grades in all classes except CFC are calculated on 60% Mitarbeit (=anything we do during the lesson + homework) and 40% Schularbeit (one SA per semester).

MITARBEITSNOTEN - ENGLISH


BELOW AVERAGE
AVERAGE
 ABOVE   AVERAGE
I come to class.
X
X
X
I have my books.            

X
X
I have my homework.

X
X
I am not a distraction

X
X
I sit quietly.

X

I actively participate in class


X
I ask and answer questions in English


X
I don’t pay attention             
X


I don’t have my books
X


I don’t have my homework  
X


I disregard the teacher's instructions
X**


I carry on extracurricular conversations
X


I wander around the classroom
X


I am turned away from the speaker
X


I am using my cell phone*
X**


I am grabby (people and possessions)
X


I engage in horseplay (throwing, yelling, etc)
X


*If your cell phone rings or beeps or croaks during the lesson, you must bring a cake for the whole class the next time we meet. 

INSTANT NEGATIVE MITARBEIT
Consistently ignoring the teacher's instructions
Using a cell phone during class

HOMEWORK

If I turn in homework...
FULL CREDIT
75% CREDIT
50% CREDIT
0%
...on the day it is due
X



...the next class period

X


...a week later


X

...after HW has been handed back



X
...copied from the internet



X
...copied from my classmate



X
N.B. Homework is not accepted via email.
If we go over the homework during the lesson, students who did not prepare have missed the opportunity to turn in homework for credit.

FIRST DRAFTS AND FINAL DRAFTS
Most written assignments are submitted twice: once as a draft and once as a final, corrected and improved version. Always try to write a good draft the first time - you might get lucky and not have to do a rewrite!  You must submit the first draft with the second draft to facilitate the marking process.  Always ask yourself before you submit an assignment:
  • Does my work meet the assignment requirements?
  • Does it meet standards for spelling, punctuation, capitalization and paragraphs?
  • Is it my own work (not copied or plagiarized)?
  • Is it something I can be proud of?

PLAGIARISM:  If you cut and paste something from the internet, or copy something word for word from the book, or copy something word for word from your neighbor’s paper, it will not be evaluated and you will not receive credit for it. 

Last updated Sunday, November 30, 2014 to reflect Instant Negative Mitarbeit and disregarding teacher's instructions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful with your contribution. And if you wouldn't want your grandmother to read it, think twice about posting your comment here!

All Speaking is Storytelling

  Tell a story about your Project week.  Talk for at least two minutes.  Don’t go over three.  Add your own details. Do not simply repeat w...