Saturday, November 29, 2014

1HAS - Homework for TUESDAY, December 2

For TUESDAY, December 2:

Do exercises 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 on this worksheet.


Know the vocabulary words on the worksheet (Ex. 8, 9) and how to use them (Ex. 10). Use an online dictionary (dict.cc, leo.org, linguee.com) if you need help.

For Exercise 11, the vocabulary you need is: afford - apologize - catalogue - debt - fabulous - fit - offer - size

For Exercise 13, change the prompt to 'Write a text about the last time you went shopping.'  Write a continuous text of 50-80 words.  Make sure you answer some of these questions in your text:
*  When was the last time you went shopping?
*  What were you shopping for?  Did you find what you were looking for?
*  Where did you go shopping?
*  Who went shopping with you?
*  What did you buy?
*  How much did it cost?  How much did you pay?
*  Was there a special offer?
*  Did you eat a meal/snack while you were shopping?
*  How much did you spend on the day?

Example (nicht abschreiben!):  Last week I went shopping in Liezen. I was looking for a new ball gown. I went to Aigner but they didn't have anything in my size, so I went to Fußl. They had a nice turquoise ball gown but it was too expensive. While I was shopping, I ran into my best friend, Heidi, and we drank a cup of coffee at Mitter. Although I didn't find what I was looking for, I did find a cookie press on sale at Pagro for €19,99.  It was marked down from €24,95!

P.S.  MY homework, of course, is to bring something sweet to atone for saying 'Monday' instead of TUESDAY :-$ . - Fr. Prof. Sandrock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful with your contribution. And if you wouldn't want your grandmother to read it, think twice about posting your comment here!

All Speaking is Storytelling

  Tell a story about your Project week.  Talk for at least two minutes.  Don’t go over three.  Add your own details. Do not simply repeat w...