Watch this episode of Fawlty Towers https://vimeo.com/53253713. Comment on Basil's customer service practices.
Background: Basil Fawlty and his wife run a 22 room hotel on the English coast. In episode 1.1, we meet Basil, Sybil, and their staff members Manuel (from Barcelona) and Polly. We also learn that Basil wants to attract a better class of customer. This is the reason he treats customers like Lord Melbury so well and others (like Mr. Brown) so badly.
For your text, write about instances of good and bad customer service in this episode. Include:
* What is the purpose of customer service in the hotel industry (introduction)
* An analysis of Basil's customer service in the episode (good examples, bad examples)
* A recommendation for Basil to improve the quality of his customer service (conclusion)
Write a letter of complaint. You are the one of the people in Room 12 who missed their train because they didn't get their alarm call.
* Begin your letter with a compliment on the accommodations or food.
* Explain that because you didn't get your alarm call, you had to pay an extra £20 each to rebook your train tickets.
* Ask the hotel to reimburse you for the extra expense or give you a voucher for your next stay.