Here are some tips and vocabulary to get you ready for our writing exercise on Tuesday, October 3.
You should be able to:
- answer the Who? What? Where? When? Why? How? of each special week (Vienna Week, Sports Week, Language Week)
- discuss why it is so important for students to participate in Vienna Week, Sports Week, Language Week during their school years?
- give examples of things students learn on these special weeks that they can use in the future
- speculate on how these experiences can enrich your life
- outline the benefits of study abroad
- explain how schools encourage students to live a healthy lifestyle
- describe what tourists can do on a city tour of Vienna
get to know another culture/new people
strengthen class camaraderie
immerse oneself in the culture of another country
instill a sense of curiosity
fosters life-long learning
reinforce good habits
stress the importance of
teach students to appreciate (other cultures)
an appreciation for (new cultures)
HOW TO WRITE AN ARTICLE (see more under page 68 of Going For Finals)
Pick a good, interesting TITLE
Select a good, interesting INTRODUCTION (why should your reader keep reading?). Examples include: A question or anecdote.
MAIN BODY: 1) first bullet point
2) second bullet point
3) third bullet point
CONCLUSION - what do you want your readers to take away from the article?
1C - B - Sit alphabetically Warm up: asking questions and answering them Notebooks, textbooks, notes NOTES FOR TODAY WILL BE ON PAGE...
We will do two English assessments: one on the computer and one written (schriftlich). For the computer part you will need headphones (Kop...
For Friday, November 28, write a follow up letter of enquiry TO TURN IN. A) Look at the correspondence between FreiLuft Austria GmbH and A...