Monday, February 26, 2018

Guest Post: Ways to improve your English!

A month ago, I had to write the English SA, sorry to say but my result was a five. Read this blog entry if you have some troubles of learning English. Maybe I could help you a little bit.

 When Prof. Sandrock handed out my grade of the English SA, I was a little bit unhappy, but I haven´t had so much time for preparation. I woke up and studied almost everyday in my winter break because English will become a big part of life in my near future.

The time for the matura exam comes close so I made a decision to improve my English day by day at home to reach the B2 level and to get better grades. It´s hard but everything is possible. “Never give up, everything is possible if you really want to get successful.”

 Dr. Sandrock gave me a tip to watch some Ted talks videos, of course I watched some of them, but I also decided to make some exercises with some apps with my I Pad.

 Now I´m practising my English with some apps which are based on grammar, vocabulary, listening, speaking and reading. Last day I tested some apps from the AppStore, including “Gymglish”, “Learn English”, “English tests” or “Learning English with words” and “Duolingo”. All of these apps are a little bit different because Gymglish and English Tests, provide the full supply of learning English, but after a ten-day trial you have to pay.

 What else? I give you a little review of Gymglish. Sorry to say that Gymglish only offers ten lessons and after your free trial you have to pay monthly. I completed the free lessons very fast in only three days, because I really want to learn English. Today I could say that I improved my English a little bit and I´m feeling better. At the end of your lessons you will get an overview, which gives you your actually English level. That´s awesome! Your online teacher at Gymglish tell you something about your strength and your mistakes, so this teacher gives you tips to get a better English. Mistakes which you have made all the time during the lessons will be repeated by the online teacher.

 On the one hand you can say that some apps like Gymglish could upgrade your English very quickly, but on the other hand it could be expensive over the year. For an account on English for a year you must pay approximately 250 € to earn new lessons.

 The next app focused on listening, named “learning English”. This app offers you a few amounts of listening, you can also decide if the listening should be easy or hard.

 “English tests” gives you some grammar sections, which prepare you for instance for the Cambridge certificate.

 Finally I also got an app which is titled “English learning with words” because the application of vocabulary would be important and will also help for pronunciation.

 After you read my blog entry I hope that you are more motivated to learn English, maybe you will get better grades in your English lessons :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful with your contribution. And if you wouldn't want your grandmother to read it, think twice about posting your comment here!

All Speaking is Storytelling

  Tell a story about your Project week.  Talk for at least two minutes.  Don’t go over three.  Add your own details. Do not simply repeat w...