Friday, January 10, 2020

1C - Homework for Thursday, January 16

HOMEWORK for January 16

Be prepared to talk about your hobby on Thursday, January 16.  Hobbies should be something constructive:  making music, crafts, collecting, cooking, drawing, building models, photography, remote-controlled vehicles, tuning your motorbike, hiking, biking, skiing, bird watching, fishing, billiards, darts, magic tricks, chess, etc.  Don't just present "soccer" or "video games" or "hanging out with friends"

Use these questions to make sure your listeners are fully informed.

1) What is your hobby?
2) When did you start this hobby?
3) When do you do your hobby?
4) How many hours a week do you spend on your hobby?
5) Who do you your hobby with, or do you do it alone?
6) What do you need to do this hobby? (special equipment, etc)
7)  Is your hobby expensive? How much does it cost?
8) Why do you do this hobby?  What sort of satisfaction does it give you?

VOCABULARY YOU MIGHT NEED
I'm interested in
I'm keen on
I enjoy the fresh air
I find it relaxing
I like to spend time outdoors
I play on a team
I belong to a club
I compete
I race
I can spend time with
in my spare time
in my free time
in my leisure time
healthy
energetic
sociable
creative
exciting
fun
excitement
adrenaline rush
competition


Here is a link for talking about your hobbies https://www.english-at-home.com/speaking/talking-about-your-hobbies-in-english/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful with your contribution. And if you wouldn't want your grandmother to read it, think twice about posting your comment here!

All Speaking is Storytelling

  Tell a story about your Project week.  Talk for at least two minutes.  Don’t go over three.  Add your own details. Do not simply repeat w...