Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Abend HTL - Summer Vacation Blog (corrected version)

WHERE DID THE SUMMER GO?

Is anyone else bummed that summer is over?

I  actually enjoyed my summer holidays this year.  Usually I am totally exhausted at the end of the semester and it takes me weeks to catch up on sleep.  As a result I have no desire to do anything for school.  However this summer was different. I took time to sort through two years of school papers.  Moreover I was able to plan for the next school year.

The highlight of the summer for me was my family’s annual trip to Minnesota where we rented a cabin.  My parents live in Iowa, so we had to drive 500 miles over two days to the North Shore of Lake Superior.  While we were there we simply relaxed – we went out to eat, played cards, went canoeing, and read books which I never have time for during the school year.  We even saw the solar eclipse! 


But all good things must come to an end.  I am happy to be back at school where I can finally practice my work-life balance skills.  Of course, there will be challenges but I think it is going to be a good year.  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I had a great summer too! I went to Croatia where I spent a lot of time snorkeling.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful with your contribution. And if you wouldn't want your grandmother to read it, think twice about posting your comment here!

All Speaking is Storytelling

  Tell a story about your Project week.  Talk for at least two minutes.  Don’t go over three.  Add your own details. Do not simply repeat w...